1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon crumbled sage leaf
4 cups tomato sauce
1/2 cup dry white wine (something you would drink)
salt and pepper
1. Sauté onion and garlic in oil over low heat for 15 minutes-until very limp.
2. DO NOT BROWN!
3. Add sage and sauté 5 minutes.
4. Add tomato sauce and wine-simmer UNCOVERED 10 minutes.
5. Then cover and simmer for 60-90 minutes.
6. Stirring occasionally.
7. Uncover and simmer to desired thickness.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
9. Serve over spaghetti, gnocchi, pierogies, sausages- whatever sounds good to you!